Salvador Dali


"Have no fear of perfection — you'll never reach it."












Spanish Artist


1904 - 1989











Are you a perfectionist when it comes to your art?  Are you obsessed with crossing every T and dotting every I?  During much of my life I have been a perfectionist and there are still moments when perfectionism will raise its ugly head.  The older I get the more mellow I become.  I don't have as much need to be sure that everything is perfect. 





Where does perfectionism come from?  I think it comes from the need and desire to please others.  We don't want to disappoint those we love.  We fear if we make a mistake we might lose the love of others.  





Learn to let go of your desire to be perfect, because as Salvador Dali says: "you'll never reach it."  Learn to accept imperfection.  Imperfection has its own beauty.  Everything in this world is flawed.  Nothing is perfect or permanent.  Mistakes are okay.  Failure is a chance to begin again.  
You have read this article Failure / Fear / Flaws / Imperfections / Inconsistencies / Limitations / Perfection / Salvador Dali / Spanish Artists with the title Salvador Dali. You can bookmark this page URL https://gem-vita.blogspot.com/2011/04/salvador-dali.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Salvador Dali"

Post a Comment