M. Scott Peck







"The quickest way to change your attitude toward pain is to accept the fact that everything that happens to us has been designed for our spiritual growth."












American Author


1936 - 2005











I think that we can learn valuable lessons from everything that happens to us.  I believe that one of the reasons we are on this earth is to learn and grow as human beings.  Sometimes we do better than others.  And sometimes we fail to learn our lessons again and again.





In 2006 I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and had robotic surgery.  I believed then and still believe today that it was an experience that taught me several things — from humility to gratefulness.  





And while this maybe difficult for some to accept, I think the rejection we experience as creative leaders is meant to teach us valuable lessons.  So the next time you face some challenge in your life, ask yourself what lessons you can learn from this experience.  What gift are you being given?





Here is a poem I wrote in response to my diagnosis of cancer and my surgery.










Surgery




God is in the backyard



playing with the squirrels



and rabbits.  I am barbecuing



steaks for dinner and


the wife is preparing the salad.


Tomorrow I am having surgery


and God has come by to


wish me well.  He says I


should not worry because


He will be there holding


my hand.  I smile and


ask if He wants to take


my place on the operating


table.  He ignores my


request and goes on


chatting about how much


better I will feel when


the cancer has been ripped


from my body.  I flip


the steaks over one more time.




You have read this article American Speakers / American Writer / Appreciation / Courage / Creative Leaders / Gift / Gratitude / Heal / Learning / M. Scott Peck / Opportunity / optimism / Spirit / Spiritual / Squirrels with the title M. Scott Peck. You can bookmark this page URL http://gem-vita.blogspot.com/2011/09/m-scott-peck.html. Thanks!

No comment for "M. Scott Peck"

Post a Comment