Havelock Ellis


"Dancing is the loftiest, the most moving, the most beautiful of the arts, because it is no mere translation or abstraction from life; it is life itself."





 











British Physician, Writer, Psychologist


1859 - 1939








Dancing has never been my strong suit.  I grew up in a church where dancing was considered a sin.  I sinned in the seventh grade when I danced at a sock hop, but I have never felt comfortable dancing.  I have no rhythm. 



 I have learned that dancing is an art that touches the soul.  While I may never have rhythm, I can appreciate it in others.  I took a movement class 5 years ago that used movement to explore your purpose in life.  We created our life story through movement.  Some day I would like to participate in a workshop that combines dance, painting, storytelling and writing.  Who knows maybe I will create it myself. 
You have read this article beauty / British Writers / dance / HAVELOCK ELLIS / life / Movement / Rhythm / soul / story with the title Havelock Ellis. You can bookmark this page URL http://gem-vita.blogspot.com/2011/02/havelock-ellis.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Havelock Ellis"

Post a Comment