Jasper Johns


"As one gets older one sees many more paths that could be taken.  Artists sense within their own work that kind of swelling of possibilities, which may seem a freedom or a confusion."












American Artist


1930 -













Fool's House
(1962)


When I begin to write a short story, I see many paths for the story to take and I have to make choices.  The excitement comes in the choosing.  Sometimes the path ends and I have to retreat and find another path.  Sometimes the path branches and again I have to choose which direction to go.  The same is true when I start a painting.  So many paths.  So many possibilities.  And the same is true of life.  So many paths.  So many choices.  Some become paralyzed by having too many choices.  After I graduated from college, I was paralyzed because I did not know what to do with my life.  Too many choices.  Or in my mind, too few choices.  Once I made a choice, the path began to take shape and I followed it where I needed to go.  And I arrived where I was supposed to be.






You have read this article American Artists / Choice / Jasper Johns / Obstacles / Opportunity / Path / Potential with the title Jasper Johns. You can bookmark this page URL http://gem-vita.blogspot.com/2012/01/jasper-johns.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Jasper Johns"

Post a Comment