Thomas Merton


"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time."












American Writer


1915 - 1968

















Have you ever lost yourself in your art and woke up wondering how you created what you did?  I have sometimes written for several hours only to read what I wrote days later and be surprised by what I wrote.  Something happens where I seem to disappear into the writing process and am only partially conscious.  Yet through the process of writing I have also been able to heal myself and in the process find myself.  Creativity is a mysterious, mystical and spiritual process that brings us closer to who we are meant to be.  If you have experienced the creative process, then you have been blessed with a gift.  Give thanks for what you have been given.
You have read this article American Writer / Celebration / creativity / Muse / Mystery / prayer / Spiritual / Thomas Merton with the title Thomas Merton. You can bookmark this page URL http://gem-vita.blogspot.com/2012/02/thomas-merton.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Thomas Merton"

Post a Comment