Helen Keller


Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.  Nothing can be done without hope and confidence."






1980 - 1968



The first 35 years of my life I was more of a pessimist than an optimist.  I saw the glass as half empty, not half full.  I've had to learn optimism and the need to see the glass as half full.  It is something that I struggle with still today.  Often my first reaction is that something can not be done.  I have learned that I need to believe in myself before I can accomplish anything.  I seek to find hope in a negative world.



It is easy to find all the reasons something can not be done.  It is easy to be a pessimist.  Pessimists believe that they are the realists and that optimists have their heads in the clouds.  The truth is that it is much harder to believe something can be achieved.  It is much harder to be an optimist.  And research shows that optimists actually achieve more than pessimists.



As creative people, we need to have faith that what we create has value.  We need to believe in our ability to create something that can benefit others.
You have read this article Achievement / Beliefs / Confidence / creativity / HELEN KELLER / hope / optimism / Optimist / Pessimist / truth / Value with the title Helen Keller. You can bookmark this page URL http://gem-vita.blogspot.com/2010/09/helen-keller.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Helen Keller"

Post a Comment